As we begin offering in-person classes, the health and safety of our students and teachers are paramount. Please take a minute to read through our new protocols for live classes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Live class protocols and updates:
- Given the ever-changing nature of COVID-19 rates and ongoing risk assessment, we only are scheduling live classes one week at time.
- In-person students must preregister for class no later than one hour before class.
- Only 9 students will be enrolled in each in-person class. When that number is reached, we will close registration.
- In-person classes are drop-in only, $25. Existing class cards and staff cards will not be accepted at this time. That said, once we get the hang of this, we may open empty slots one hour prior to the class for students using class cards and staff cards.
- Doors will be open 30 minutes prior to class.
- Students must wear masks the entire time they are in the studio.
- Students will check in at the front desk by giving name to teacher so we can check you off.
- Students will take all belongings into the studio with them and put them in the cubbies near the back door.
- Students will set up their mat in one of the spaces taped out on the floor.
- There will be no shared props available but students are welcome to bring their own.
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations will be set up near the front door, door to the studio, and back door. Please use them as you move through.
- As you move through the space from the front door onward, please wait six feet back from the next person for your turn to register and set up you mat.
- The teacher will remain on their mat during the duration of the class.
- When class is over, students will take turns gathering up belongings and will exit out the back door.
- The studio will be cleaned and sanitized before every class.
- We have installed a new down-draft ventilation system, as well as air purifiers with UV sanitizing and filtration.
More details on our health and safety precautions:
Here are the steps we have taken to create a safe and pleasant environment for in-person classes during the pandemic.
We have installed a down-draft ventilation system that allows for 5-6 air exchanges/hour.
We have installed seven GermGuardian Air Purifiers with HEPA filters.
We have taped off the floors to keep students and teachers at least ten feet apart from every other person in the room.
We have a new glass back door that will remain open, weather permitting, during classes.
The studio is cleaned after every in-person class following CDC protocols. This includes sterilizing all surfaces, including floors and high-touch surfaces such as door knobs and light switches.
We have installed touchless hand sanitizing stations near each door, plus touchless hand soap dispensers in the bathrooms.
Thanks for reading and watching, and for your ongoing support!